AND MY 16 YEAR OLD SELF WOULD SAY….
Back a few weeks ago I posted a blog about what I would tell my 16-year-old self if I had the chance. I have to say it wasn’t an easy post to write but I did manage to give “her” my 15 best words of advise. I was surprised actually at what they ended up being, but I think it was good advise.
So…today someone left me a comment on that post and asked me what advise my 16-year-old self would give me today if she had the chance. At first I just giggled at the thought but then I found myself really wondering. I mean isn’t there always two sides to every coin? The difficult part is going to be remembering back to when I was 16 and what was important to me then. Who knows maybe there is some sage advise that I missed so here ya go…
The 15 best pieces of advise my 16-year-old self would tell me today…
1. School sucks! It’s a fact don’t try to sugar coat it.
2. Friday nights are never fun when you’re sitting at home bored. Even if you have to go bowling get out there.
3. Every adult in your life still thinks you’re a kid, and is waiting for you to mess up. It isn’t going to take much to prove them right.
4. You are only old if you think you are. Life is for adventures, don’t be afraid to just do it.
5. We all make mistakes, it’s not the end of the world, its how we learn, and you have to make you own to get the lesson.
6. People are mean because they can be.
7. Parents shouldn’t be your friends, and friends shouldn’t be your parents.
8. Money is for having fun. You have a long time to earn money so spend a little now when you can.
9. Yes it is important how you look.
10. If you want me to talk to you, listen to me.
11. There is something magical in that first kiss.
12. I may only be 16 buy my heart can be broken. I don’t need you to fix it, I just need you to understand it.
13. Music will speak to you if you listen close enough.
14. The laundry, bills, house and cooking can all wait…I need your attention now so please listen to me.
15. I’m only going to be 16 once in your life…ENJOY IT!