What I would Say to My 16-Year-Old Self
Someone asked me today what I would say to my 16 year old self if I had a chance and after thinking about it for a few moments I realized it was all the things my Mom had said to me at some point in my life and it is all the things I would now say not only to “my” sixteen year old self, but to my children as well and hope they would listen better than I did. So here it is….
Hey YOU listen up!!!
Self…here is my 15 best words of advise for a happy life!
1. Always eat the cream in the middle of an Oreo first!
2. Give the “geek” a chance if he asks you out!
3. Talk to your parents! I know you think they don’t know shit, but trust me they know a lot and are willing to share.
4. Give your brother a wedgie every chance you get then laugh!
5. STUDY STUDY STUDY…it may seem like wasted time now but its going to serve you well later on.
6. Do not be in a hurry to grow up! Your gonna have a lot of years to be an adult but only a few really good ones to be a kid…enjoy them!
7. If you know its wrong stick to your guns and walk away.
8. Do not believe him when he says…”if you love me you will” or “everyone else is”. If he loved you he wouldn’t ask and NO everyone else is NOT…they are just lying. They just want to fit in like you do.
9. NO you don’t know what being in love is yet…but you will someday.
10. Always be sure you like the person looking back in the mirror at you because they are the best friend you will ever have.
11. Never be afraid to say, “NO” or “I’m Sorry” and mean it.
12. Stop and ask yourself…”is this a memory I want to have” before you do something stupid.
13. Never miss a chance to say “i love you” to those who matter.
14. Like your brothers and sisters as much as you do your friends!
15. Never be afraid to be unique…it takes no effort to follow the crowd but it take someone special to lead the parade!